Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The General Store Social with Scottie Lee The Organ Grinders Monkey - Tuesdays 11:59 to 2 a.m.

For the next two hours I'll be serving up some of the finest folk, rockabilly, old timey, mother jugin' country blues and poetry this side of the ol' Redwood Curtain - here in the big sticks. So ante up all you elbow benders, it's time to get this back forty jig started.

Tonight marks the last show of the semester. So I'll play some of my favorite songs, we'll get nostalgic and we'll reflect. Oh, and that pretty little thing called THE KINGSTON TRIO TRIPLE PLAY!!!

1. Band of Heathens - Second Line
2. Bela Fleck - Texas Barbeque
3. Ben Sollee - Bury Me with my Car
4. Johnny Cash - Wreck of The Old 97
5. Cigar Store Indian - Yipin
6. Clamper Boogie Band - Headed Up The Country
7. John Hartford - I Shoulda Worn My Birthday Suit
8. Johnny Cash - That's All Over
9. Trampled By Turtles - School Bus Driver
10. Van Morrison - Ro Ro Rosey
11.The Living Sisters - How Are You Doing
12. Donna the Buffalo - Positive Friction
13. The Hackensaw Boys - Kiss You Down There
14. The Felice Brothers- Whiskey in my Whiskey
15. Blitzen Trapper - Big Black Bird

THE KINGSTON TRIO TRIPLE PLAY
16. The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
17. The Kingston Trio - New York Girls
18. The Kingston Trio - Tijuana Jail

19. Levon Helm - Tennessee Jed
20. The Carolina Chocolate Drops - Georgie Buck
21. Lefty Frizzell - Don't Think It Ain't Been Fun, Dear
22. Lnaghorne Slim - In The Midnight
23. Ryan Bingham - Soutside of Heaven
24. The Holy Modal Rounders - Hop High Ladies
25. Doc Watson - Muskrat
26. Johnny Cash - Salty Dog
27. Ry Cooder - Goodnight Irene

I don't gotta go home, but I can't stay on the air.
So, on behalf of myself and KRFH,
Goodnight, Irene, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment